Tuesday, July 04, 2006
DAY FIVE

"Day Five"

-Departed Gallup, NM 9:30am MST

-Lots of mountains and deserts today. Lots of rainstorms over both. (Driving around mountains is bad enough without rain.)

-Crossed the Colorado River and entered California! Had to stop at an agricultural inspection station. We're OK. No fruits, vegetables, animals, plants or firewood.

-VERY windy today. VERY tough to keep the rig in the lane.

-The Mojave Desert is EXPANSIVE!

-Sorry this entry is short, it's been a long day! We extended our driving by about 2.5 hours in order to get to Barstow, CA (3 hours outside LA).

-Just now got off of I-40 in Barstow. We've gotten pretty far on one road! (From here it's I-15 to I-210 to 134 to 170 in Burbank.)

-Arrived Barstow, CA 7:00pm PST

-One short day to go... GET ME OUT OF THIS TRUCK!!! (We are both very tired.)

Until next time... (Burbank, CA) check out the "Day Five" pics on the photo page.

Enjoy!

--KAW & CJW
posted by CJW @ 7/04/2006 10:14:00 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

theWebGallery

Previous Posts
Archives