| Tuesday, July 25, 2006 |
| Shyamalama-ding-dong |
 We saw M. Night Shyamalan's "Lady in the Water" this past weekend.
A short review: At least it was a straight forward tale (no half-hearted twists added for shock value). Enjoyable. With a re-write or two, it could have been amazing. However, Mr. Shyamalan needs to STOP putting himself in his films! A cute cameo? Okay. A pretentious role as a writer who saves the world? Never.
It seems M is degenerating into a 3rd year film student. Doesn't mean his films aren't good, but they're quickly becoming the kind you hate to like. And that's no fun.
--CJW |
posted by CJW @ 7/25/2006 07:41:00 PM   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Ryan and I saw that last night. I was slightly disappointed. I kept waiting for the twist at the end, and it never came. I agree, with a little editing, it could have been fantastic!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|