Monday, July 02, 2007
OF MICE & MENUS

RATATOUILLE
Disney/Pixar
G
1hr 50min

BRIEF THOUGHTS: Another delight from Pixar! What makes their animated films shine brighter? An unbreakable tie between theme and subject matter. CARS juxtaposed race cars with a "slow down and enjoy what life offers" theme. THE INCREDIBLES used super heroes to explore the dual lives we all sometimes live (work and family, private and public). RATATOUILLE was no exception to this rule as it shows that with hard work and strong character anyone, even a rat, can achieve their dreams. So what perfectly appropriate dream does the rat have? He wants to be a part of the one place he can never go... the kitchen. He wants to be a chef. Aww, isn't that cute. As a matter of fact, RATATOUILLE most certainly is.

NEXT UP: TRANSFORMERS (I almost wet my pants just typing it.)

Until next time...


CJW
posted by CJW @ 7/02/2007 11:40:00 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:21 AM, July 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you take some pix of fireworks at the Hollywood Bowl - I assume a "step above" the Clark County Fairgrounds display. Happy 4th of July - enjoy your picnic!

     
  • At 8:31 PM, July 13, 2007, Blogger Mom said…

    I thought it was a cute movie, too. I had to convince Bugs to go and even paid for his ticket in case he didn't like it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

theWebGallery

Previous Posts
Archives