Saturday, June 23, 2007
AT TRILOGY'S END

After Mom and Dad left, Kerri and I decided to return to the movie theater and catch POTC: AWE while we were still on vacation.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END
PG-13 (for intense sequences of action/adventure violence and some frightening images)
2hrs 45min

BRIEF THOUGHTS: Better than 2, but well behind 1. While I was pretty disappointed in #2's numerous convoluted plot additions, I was happy to see #3 sew them up one-by-one. However, 3 does, at times, still suffer from the same complexity issues. Cut out 3 or 4 of the forced plot elements and you would have a movie on par with the first.

But don't think I didn't enjoy it. AWE had many visually stunning moments that rise well above the first two. Also, some of the film's darker and more eclectic elements came together nicely. I look forward to another watch when the DVD is released. (I'll wager a guess that it will be around Christmas.)

NEXT UP: 1408, RATATOUILLE or LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD

CJW
posted by CJW @ 6/23/2007 04:03:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

theWebGallery

Previous Posts
Archives