Thursday, August 10, 2006
MYTHBUSTERS -- Diet Coke + Mentos


Mythbusters
Wednesday Night 9pm PST
Discover Channel
All Ages

Mythbusters is one of my FAVORITE TV shows and this week's episode shows why. It was dedicated to the Diet Coke + Mentos web video frenzy. I was unaware of this until last night, but if you combine Diet Coke with Mint Mentos, you get explosive fizz. AWESOME!

For those of you curious as to what causes this, here are the ingredients that contribute to the nucleationof the carbonation.
In the soda: CO2, Aspartame, Preservatives, and something else I can't remeber
In the Mentos: Gelatin, Glucose

Here is what most people consider to be the epitome of all Diet Coke + Mentos web videos... (courtesy of www.eepybird.com)


Now that I know about this, it's time to try it! Check back soon for "Chris's Amazingly Fizzy Videos."

Enjoy.

--CJW
posted by CJW @ 8/10/2006 09:48:00 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

theWebGallery

Previous Posts
Archives